Thursday, November 30, 2017

Patchwork posies -- A new quilt





I made the quilt top over the summer while sewing with friends and I finally buckled down and finished it up. The basting step always turns me into a procrastinator. Simple patchwork quilts are always, always, always my favorite.  They are the ones I use every single day and I'm so pleased with this new addition. Bright tiny floral prints for the win! I pieced together a vintage sheet and several yards of vintage dotted Swiss in pale yellow for the the backing. I'm going to ask my mom if I had lots of dotted Swiss items when I was a kid because this fabric feels like the fabric of my childhood.  Of course, I could just be making that up.

I've even basted a second quilt with a third one soon to follow. High fives!

-dana

3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It's lovely. I like simple quilts too.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Patchwork squares are my favorite to make too! You?

sarah, rsm said...

Love me some patchwork squares - both to make and to use! This one is lovely and I adore vintage sheets as backs.