Thursday, June 1, 2017

June Moda Skill Builder Blocks


June 1st means it's time to share my June Moda Skill Builder Blocks. This month was all about half square triangles. I mixed things up a bit by throwing in one off color in each of the two blocks for the month. Subtle but fun.


Here is how the quilt is shaping up so far. I love the color scheme that my oldest chose for this quilt and I promised last month that I would share the colors I'm using. The free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop uses a different color palette so I will indicate my colors in relation to theirs. All are Bella Solids from Moda Fabrics.

  • (they used Caribbean) ----- I used Mustard 
  • (they used Tea Rose) ---- I used Blush 
  • (they used Weathered Teak) ---- I used Orchid
  • (they used Raspberry) ---- I used Burgundy
  • (they used Ruby Ice) ---- I used Longhorn
  • (they used Zen Grey) ---- I used Cheddar
  • (they used Off White) ---- I used Bunny Hill Blue
  • (they used Lagoon) ---- I used Tomato Soup
The color names listed above are the official Bella Cotton Solid names from Moda. 

Also, I should mention that each month Fat Quarter Shop is releasing a video tutorial on how to make the blocks for the corresponding month. You can check their YouTube channel to find them.

I am enjoying seeing this quilt take shape and look forward to July's blocks!

-dana

No comments: