Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Excuse me one moment while I



Excuse me one moment while I brag on this amazing daughter of mine, won't you? At 15 years old she is proving to be a remarkable young woman. One to be remarked upon. Recently friends of hers were at our house. A few are new this year and as I talked to one of them she said that she really wanted to dislike my girl because she is just so good at everything but impossible to dislike because she's just so nice.


Isn't that one of the most wonderful things you can hear as a mother? I've known it all along. I mean, if you've read my letters to my daughters each year that I post here (and here and here and here and others,) you know that I've been talking about her special way with people for years.



Also, she competed at the State Track Meet Finals last weekend.

And that woman you saw plastered against the chain link fence in front of the sign that said "Don't stand in front of the fence" who was snapping dozens of photos and yelling crazy things like "Run! You got this! Go! Go! Go!" who nearly forgot to breathe for the entire two mile race and tore through the crowd to be the first to fist bump you at the end?

I have no idea who she was.

-dana

9 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hey--rules are not for all the people all the time--
good for you to get all those photos and to cheer your daughter on--
enjoy the moments, di

Jacque. said...

Gotta say, you express yourself so well. Love to read your blog posts. All of them.

Trudi said...

Always so Eloquent! all our girls are special xx

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Indeed!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Thank you Jacque. :)

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Daughters are such a gift!

Lexi and Robert said...

Dana you must be an amazing mom to raise such an amazing kid!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Well that is reeeaaaalllly nice to say but she's been like this since birth!!!! :)

Jo said...

It's lovely to hear that her friends see exactly what we all see through the words on your blog, she is a lovely girl x