Tuesday, August 16, 2016

School, (life) seasons and sunflowers


My girls started back to school today. A senior and a freshman. I think that is why I've been so quiet in this space this summer. I've been staring down that freight train doing everything in my power to slow it down. I've spent these warm months watching them try on new jeans. Or sleep till noon. Or get new hair cuts. Or stream Netflix like a champ. I've dropped them off for numerous weeks of camp. And excursions on the Appalachian Trail. I've bought countless ice cream sandwiches. And said yes to every sleepover they've requested.


I've plastered a smile on my face during numerous college tours. And felt my eyes well up when she walked in with the new jeans and backpack looking too beautiful for words eager for high school.


I'm doing my best to take it as it comes. You know. As you do.

Anyway.

Aren't my sunflowers pretty?

-dana

4 comments:

Patty said...

Your sunflowers are beautiful.

My youngest daughter goes off to college on Friday. I too am doing my best to smile but maybe I should go buy some flowers. For me.

Enjoy your high school girls!

Valerie said...

I love your Mama heart! Hugs to you friend ❤️

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Growing pains. And yes your sunflowers are beautiful

beth said...

sigh. too beautiful for words is how i feel every time i look at my oldest, too. xo